PechaMaker 2.7 in Wine 1.4.1 under Ubuntu 13.10

This forum is a place for users to discuss how they use PechaMaker.
Problems and questions can be posted.
The information will then be available to everyone.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fHeZC5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PechaMaker 2.7 in Wine 1.4.1 under Ubuntu 13.10

Post by fHeZC5 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:45 pm

Hello,

I am having trouble to run PechaMaker in combination with the newest Wine and Ubuntu versions. It worked before. I hope you are familiar with Linux. Usually fonts are installed in the /home/user/.fonts folder to be accessible for one user. System wide fonts are installed in /usr/share/fonts. Fonts should actually not be copied here manually. Also one should actually not install fonts manually in /usr/share/wine/fonts. In wine one should install them in /home/user/.wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts.

So, I tried and actually installed the fonts in each of these places and rebuilt the font cache with "fc-cache -f -v" and also performed a reboot. Nothing works. PechaMaker will always start with the error that the TibetanMachine fonts are not found.

I tried with both font versions 4.80 and 5.0.
I tried to run PM in Windows XP and Vista mode.

Do you know a fix (I do use virtual machines but Wine is more convenient)?

P.S. although I prefer Unicode, I believe that people who know about Unicode should also be able to work without. There are many conversion tools available. Also the Tibetan Translation Tool can be fed with Unucode, Wylie and other font types and gives out Tibetan Machine code. So it isn't necessary to have the PechaMaker use Unicode (but it sure would be a great feature).

FWJ
Site Admin

Re: PechaMaker 2.7 in Wine 1.4.1 under Ubuntu 13.10

Post by FWJ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:04 pm

Not sure I can help since I don't know about Wine setups.

But here are a few questions:
1)What is the exact text of the dialog message from PM?
2)Does it work if you just copy the 5 TibetanMachine font files to the ~/.fonts folder in your Home directory?
(PM requires all 5 files to work)
3)Do you see the TibetanMachine fonts listed when you try to change fonts within some other wordprocessor under Wine?

fHeZC5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: PechaMaker 2.7 in Wine 1.4.1 under Ubuntu 13.10

Post by fHeZC5 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:02 am

I updated Wine to version 1.7. The problem is gone now.

Thank you for your effort.