Space between the lines too big

This forum is a place for users to discuss how they use PechaMaker.
Problems and questions can be posted.
The information will then be available to everyone.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sina
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sina » Thu May 19, 2011 9:17 am

Hi,

I have a problem concerning the gap between the lines - the line spacing options. The first line is the tibetan text in tibetan, the second line is the text as it is pronounced in german in latin characters and the third line is the translation into german, of course in latin characters too.

The space between the tibetan text and the pronounciation I was able to make smaller so it looks nicer and does not need so much space. But the problem is the space between line 2 and 3, which is too big.

Could you help me with this problem?

Thanks a lot!

FWJ
Site Admin

Post by FWJ » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Hello Sina
By tradition, all the lines on a pecha page are the same height. So PechaMaker does not have a setting for different line heights on a given page. (The three Page Types can have different line heights and number of lines.)

To put mixed fonts on the same page as you describe, you could try the following. Adjust the Line Height setting for the Body page type in the Pecha Layout Controls dialog (Ctrl+L) so your "western" text has the spacing you like. Then enter some Tibetan text on the top line and use the Format->Line menu item to change the Tibetan Font Adjustment value to move the Tibetan text up or down relative to the base line. Now you can return to the Layout Control tab for each Page Type and set its Top Margin to shift the whole thing up or down.

The model used by PechaMaker is that all pages of each Page Type have the same layout (as is traditional). There are no per-page layout settings.

Hope this helps.

Sina
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sina » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:20 am

Dear FWJ,

thanks for the help, now everything looks much nicer!

Sina

Sina

Post by Sina » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi,

maybe I am just not really adjusted to the PechaMaker, but I have the following problems:
As I already said, I work with 3 differrent "languages", first Tibetan, second the tibetan phonetic and third the translation in German.
Most of the times I have the whole Tibetan Text in Word, in another document the phonetic, in a third document the german.
That means that I have to insert line per line into the pecha document. This is extremely time-consuming and a lot of times the tibetan text is shorter than the german and so on. When I encounter a mistake on lets say the second page, and I have already fit all the lines in till lets say page 40 (I often work with long Puja texts), then I have to adjust every page thereafter!
It would be so helpful, if you could explain to me, if there is the possibility to make for example the first, the 5. and 9. line per body page the tibetan text, meaning that the text from line 1 moves only to line 5, not to line 2.! And that if I copy and paste for example tibetan text in, it goes only to the lines it should go to, thta is lines 1, 5 and 8 per page? The same with the phonetic in lines 2, 6 and 9 and with the german in lines 3 and 4, 7-8 and 11-12.
If this is not possible, would you be so kind and give me some information about which program offers these possibilities?
Thanks a lot!
Sina
P.S.: A Undo/Redo-function would be GORGEOUS!