having trouble lining up front/back

This forum is a place for users to discuss how they use PechaMaker.
Problems and questions can be posted.
The information will then be available to everyone.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Trinle
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Trinle » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:47 am

I love the software.
(After twenty minutes and 10 trial sheets) What's the easy way to get the boxes to line up on the front and back of a page, to avoid that shadow line?
I'm using three pechas/page, 2.5" height, landscape orientation.
Also, is there a way to change the annotation on "body front" inside box, left side, so the two fields are next to each other similar to "body back?"
Thanks in advance.

FWJ
Site Admin

Post by FWJ » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:44 pm

Hi Trinle,
Good, I hope you are finding it useful.

About the Left-Side/Inside annotation:
That split annotation is a traditional Tibetan style.
There is currently no clean way to merge the two, but it can be done.
First, select and Copy just a space character to the Clipboard;
I recommend using a non-Tibetan font since a space will be narrower than a Tibetan space.
Open the Annotation Controls(Ctrl+M) and click the "Front" annotation tab for the page type you want to change.
For "Inside the Box", "Left Side", delete the text in the right hand edit box.
Click your cursor in the left hand edit box and Paste several spaces at the start of your desired text.
Click Apply to see your text adjusted on the pecha.
Add/remove space characters until you have what you want.
The number of spaces depends on the fonts and sizes you are using.

On the printing alignment:
How far off are your lines?
In the "Pecha Page Placement" section of the User's Guide there is a formula for calculating the paper margins.
If you are already following that then you are probably pretty close.
I assume by "shadow line" you mean the line showing from the other side of the paper and the line is just slightly off, is that right?
If the vertical lines are off then make sure the side rails on your paper feed are tight against the paper.
If the horizontal lines are off then things get a bit tricky.
Each printer is different and they don't always honor the given margins to the hundredth of an inch.
So, after you print the Odd pages and before you print the Even pages, you may have to add or subtract a tiny bit from the top paper margin and do the opposite on the bottom paper margin.
This only helps if you change the margins while printing just one side of the paper.
Make these changes under the File->Page and Printer Setup menu item.

If I misunderstood please post more details.
fwj
Last edited by FWJ on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trinle
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Trinle » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:53 pm

Excellent. You've been a great help. My printer is quite inexpensive, and I'd thought that maybe it was the issue. I will print a few "page one" copies to work out the details of the second side.
The annotation issue came up because I am making translated texts to be collated within the Tibetan text, and wanted to have the translated name of the text on the left. What you suggest sounds like it will work fine. Basically you're just saying to make the left side say a whole bunch of nothing and then the name, and the right side to be blank. Sounds good.
Thank you.
In general, the UI is very intuitive. I appreciate all of your work.