Vista

This forum is a place for users to discuss how they use PechaMaker.
Problems and questions can be posted.
The information will then be available to everyone.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bj Lhundrup
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Vista

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:42 am

does 1.12 pechmaker work with vista?

FWJ
Site Admin

PechaMaker on Vista

Post by FWJ » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:19 am

I don't have a Vista machine so I have not tested on one. I expect that it will work.

However, one user has reported problems getting all the characters in TCC fonts to appear correctly under Vista. I have not had a chance to see the problem.

I will try to borrow a machine and give it a go.

If someone has tried PechaMaker on Vista then please post your comments.

FWJ
Site Admin

PechaMaker on Vista

Post by FWJ » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:12 pm

I found a new release of the TibetanMachine and TibetanMachineWeb font sets on the www.tibet.dk/tcc web site. The fonts have been updated for use on Vista. Apparently they are required to get any program to display certain glyphs in TCC fonts on a Vista machine.

HOWEVER: Installing these version 5.0 fonts is not enough to get PM 1.12 to display the glyphs under Vista.

You can read about the fonts and download them from these pages:
http://www.tibet.dk/tcc/updates.htm
http://www.tibet.dk/tcc/download.htm
NOTE that the instructions say that you must uninstall your existing font set before installing the new version. Follow those directions carefully.
I have noticed that double-clicking on a .ttf file will give you a font example window that gives a version number. On my machine, double-clicking on a new font (.ttf) file kept giving me the old font version number until I uninstalled the old font.

EDIT: new info for Vista machines
Installing the new 5.0 fonts is not enough to get PM 1.12 (or many other programs) to display all glyphs on Vista.

A new version of PM will be needed in addition to the 5.0 fonts.
Last edited by FWJ on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FWJ
Site Admin

Using TCC fonts on Vista

Post by FWJ » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:54 am

I believe these are the 20 glyphs (characters) from the TibetanMachine font set that are not appearing correctly in PechaMaker on Vista.
Last edited by FWJ on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

FWJ
Site Admin

PechaMaker on Vista

Post by FWJ » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:22 pm

As far as I know, PechaMaker 1.12 does run fine on Vista unless you are using a TCC typeface.
The Nitartha Sambhota typefaces and all other "Recognized Tibetan Typefaces" seem to work fine.

Some systems have had a problem running the installer due to a Vista requirement for extra administrative privileges during installation.

FWJ
Site Admin

Full Vista support as of version 1.13

Post by FWJ » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:13 pm

As of version 1.13, PechaMaker and the installer should be fully functional under Vista,
including support for all five TCC typefaces (if you have newer font sets as previously discussed).

The installer has been updated to install the version 5.00 TibetanMachine font set (if you choose it).
You should contact TCC for updates to your other TCC typefaces.

PechaMaker has been updated to utilize the newer fonts for all TCC typefaces under Vista.
PM checks each font file for all your installed TCC typefaces and warns you of any older font files.
Only typefaces with newer font files will be enabled under Vista.

Other than that, PM should now work the same under Vista as under previous Windows versions.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable