Annotation text and Template (.pxt) files

This forum is a place for users to discuss how they use PechaMaker.
Problems and questions can be posted.
The information will then be available to everyone.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bj Lhundrup
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:24 am

it turns out this in-line pasting would be very very usefull.

Also I'm to use templets a lot and they do not save the le'u words in the annt.

to be able to make one temp for a whole set of texts that that every thing was saved would GREAT, it would make my jod a LOT faster.

think about it.

and then the thing I wrote about the second line on title page with auto RPshed you can not do yigo and shed before a second line on title page.

FWJ
Site Admin

Re: templates

Post by FWJ » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:04 am

Do you mean you want the annotation information saved in the template(.pxt) file?
What do you mean by "le'u" words?

Bj Lhundrup
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: templates

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 pm

FWJ wrote:
Do you mean you want the annotation information saved in the template(.pxt) file?
What do you mean by "le'u" words?
Yes this is what I talking about. I just finished about a 600 folio morning puja text, with more than 3dozen different file. I had to copy all annotation into each different folder, unless I cut and paste the text into the old files and "save as" with new name. This is not good to do as Tony's Stack and Skt. fonts often change when this is done.

and now I'm found a new thing that made my printing work hard. If I open a new PMfile and I dont change all the page colors to black, then they will print as the display color. Can you make it print in the default color of black as before unless we choose other wise?

Man do my Teachers love your program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bj Lhundrup

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:39 am

got it to work just now. I'll test on other computers as I can...

FWJ
Site Admin

Re: getting hint colors when printing

Post by FWJ » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:06 am

If I open a new PMfile and I dont change all the page colors to black, then they will print as the display color. Can you make it print in the default color of black as before unless we choose other wise?
I split this off to separate topic: Getting hint colors when printing with version 1.9
Man do my Teachers love your program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for letting me know Bj. That is very good to hear.

FWJ
Site Admin

Re: templates and annotations

Post by FWJ » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:22 am

Back on the question of Annotation text and templates ...

I have always considered the annotation text to be part of the document text and not part of the pecha layout. But I do see how having a way to initialize the annotation fields could be useful. It is just that a user might not want to have the annotations affected when loading a template file.

The two options that come to mind are:
1) I could add a new file type (.pxa) that is just for annotation info.
2) I could include annotation info in the template file, but that doesn't really seem right. I would have to open a dialog box each time you load a template to ask whether you want to also load the annotation information.

I will have to think about this more, but let me know what you think.

Bj Lhundrup

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:59 pm

I'm thinking that if you save temp before you change the ann then you have not changes. But if Like me you are make many diff file in the same collection then it becomes very useful to have a temp that save the ann.

Even if you save the ann with the temps, then it is no more or less work then what you have to do now which is change them to say what you want or need. If they all say what they do now or if they say (glong) (snying) or what have you, and these two are not what you need then the work is the same.

However makeing a new temp file type is an even better idea, because then you can save temps for each collection your working on. that way I can have one for choe-chod, one for Long-nying one for Thrul-khor and so on and so on. What ever we are working on.

oubiwann

Re: templates and annotations

Post by oubiwann » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:48 am

FWJ wrote:Back on the question of Annotation text and templates ...

I have always considered the annotation text to be part of the document text and not part of the pecha layout. But I do see how having a way to initialize the annotation fields could be useful. It is just that a user might not want to have the annotations affected when loading a template file.

The two options that come to mind are:
1) I could add a new file type (.pxa) that is just for annotation info.
2) I could include annotation info in the template file, but that doesn't really seem right. I would have to open a dialog box each time you load a template to ask whether you want to also load the annotation information.

I will have to think about this more, but let me know what you think.
Is this feature still on the table? :-)

I have also run into the same issue that BJ had with lots of PM files and the desire to preserve annotations. I would *love* it if you supported an annotations file (.pxa) ...