Rinchen Punshed

This forum is a place for users to discuss how they use PechaMaker.
Problems and questions can be posted.
The information will then be available to everyone.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bj Lhundrup
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rinchen Punshed

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:58 am

I have for some time now stop using the auto-Rin.Shed because of it put two one a the finished line and one at the start of the next. Do you plan to change that?

Every Khenpo and one Lopon that has fo correction work for me have said I should not allow there to be two. So I put them in manually.

It would be nice. and about the room to add a Daki-yingo or different Ter-yingo would still be nice. that was I can scan the yingos from the termas and then put the image in.

FWJ
Site Admin

RE: Rinchen pung shad

Post by FWJ » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:03 pm

Hi Bj, you are the first person to mention it.

This is not good... I would definitely like to fix it.

If you could you please send me a .pxp file that has this problem then I will take a look.
Please include a note to say exactly which line has the problem.
Are you seeing this problem on version 1.8?

Thanks Bj,
fwj

NOTE TO EVERYONE: Please let me know when you see problems with PechaMaker.
I don't use it everyday so I do miss things. :oops:
You can post something on this forum or send mail to support@PechaMaker.com

Bj Lhundrup
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:30 am

I have turned off all the auto-Rin-Shed, so I can make a sample text for you, if you want, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

with the Auto Rin-shed ON- and you have monlam that you use a shed at the start and finish of every line, when it calls for a Rin-shed then Pechamaker puts two-- one a finish and then one at start of next line. This one at the start of the next line, is not correct. It should be a plain shed.

Bj Lhundrup

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:30 am

Sorry yes it is done in 1.8 and all before.

FWJ
Site Admin

Post by FWJ » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:32 am

Bj wrote:with the Auto Rin-shed ON- and you have monlam that you use a shed at the start and finish of every line, when it calls for a Rin-shed then Pechamaker puts two-- one a finish and then one at start of next line. This one at the start of the next line, is not correct. It should be a plain shed.
Hmm, are you saying that PM inserts an extra shad (or Rinchen pung shad)? This should never happen.
Also, PM should never convert a shad on the end of a line.

I think that you are saying that it is converting a shad that you have entered at the start of a line, but that you want it left alone. Is that right?

If a line starts with shad-space-shad and the first shad is converted then the shad after the space (yang shad) will be converted too. Khenpo has talked to me about this and I believe he has told me that this is correct, and that not converting the yang shad is wrong.

Yes, please send a file and a note. I will ask Khenpo to help me look at it.

FWJ
Site Admin

Post by FWJ » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:04 pm

Thank you Bj.

After several off-line emails with Bj, I believe I understand the question.

The situation is where a line has a shad-space-shad sequence and the first shad needs to be converted to a Rinchen pung shad. The question is whether the second shad should also be converted. Some people say that it should not be converted and other people say that it should be converted.

So PechaMaker now gives you the choice.

In version 1.9 I have added a switch under the Options->Rinchen Pung Shad Conversion menu item. Set this switch to choose whether you want the second shad (the yang shad) to be converted. The setting for this switch is saved in the document file.

fwj

FWJ
Site Admin

Avoiding shad conversion to Rinchen pung shad

Post by FWJ » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:40 am

Just a reminder....

PechaMaker allows you to enter a Hard Shad any place within Tibetan text.
A Hard Shad is a special character that tells PechaMaker to never convert it to Rinchen pung shad, you will always see a shad. And it is turned into a regular shad when you print, export, or copy/paste the text to a different program.

To enter a Hard Shad the cursor must be within text in a recognized Tibetan font. Just press Ctrl+\ or use the Insert->Hard Shad menu item.

fwj