Keyboard configuration

This forum is a place for users to discuss how they use PechaMaker.
Problems and questions can be posted.
The information will then be available to everyone.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dave
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Keyboard configuration

Post by Dave » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:17 am

How can you configure the installed Tibetan keyboard (in peachamaker) in order to write Tibeat which corresponds later with Whylie?
At the moment my real keyboard starts with Q, W, E, R etc. and my Tibetan keyboard stats to write at this point with ka, Kha, Gha, but i like to see the Tibetan Ka if i hit the button K on my keyboard. How can i change this?
Thanks in advanced.

Dave

FWJ
Site Admin

Keyman with PechaMaker

Post by FWJ » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:30 pm

Hello Dave,
PechaMaker only supports one Tibetan keyboard, the TCC1 keyboard. It is applied automatically anytime you type in one of the typefaces (font sets) from Tibetan Computing Company (TCC). See the FAQ page for a list of those typefaces. You can disable this automatic TCC1 mapping with the "Format>TCC Typeface" menu item by clearing the checkbox that says "Automatic TCC1 keyboard mapping".

The standard ANSI keyboard map (aka QWERTY) is applied to all other fonts (and to the TCC fonts once the above checkbox is cleared).
UPDATE: Pechamaker now has native support for 3 more keyboards.
Sambhota1, Sambhota2, and Sambhota3

The Sambhota2 keyboard is a lot like the TCC1 keyboard.
The other two have some keys in common with a Wylie keyboard but are not really the same.

For more info see the Release Notes for Versions 1.11 and 1.12
Christopher Walker has made the wonderful suggestion that the Tavultesoft 'Keyman' keyboard manager can be used to provide additional mapping options. Keyman is a keyboard manager program that can intercept your keystrokes and remap the keycodes according to a "keyboard layout" file; it then passes new keycodes on to PechaMaker. This is an excellent idea. Keyman is free for personal use and there are several freely available keyboard layout files already written. Chris Walker has written several of these keyboard layout files. You can go to the THDL site and look for the following keyboard layouts:
Sambhota Keymap #1 to TibetanMachine
THDL Extended Wylie to TibetanMachine

You may be able to find an existing layout file for the font you want to use.

Please let us all know how this works out.
Last edited by FWJ on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:28 pm

ྡDear FWJ

Thanks for you great info. did install Tibetan EWTS to Unicode and Direct to Unicode.
The direct to Unicode was most helpful, for example to write Tibetan languge in the browser window་དོརཇེ་
Which doesn't work well in the word prozessor, but seems to work with the browser.
I did allready tranform my word prozessor and gave it one button more for writing Tibetan with Wylie.
So my word programm is able to write Tibetan.
One can't use the other kexboards for Pecha maker, that is right.

Thanks again.

Bj Lhundrup

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:30 am

is ther no longer a free one? they all say 30day evaluation....????

and is there any other way to type wylie keyboard in PM???

FWJ
Site Admin

Keyman with PechaMaker

Post by FWJ » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:28 am

I have a copy of the installer for Keyman Version 6 (which was free).
keyman_free_6-2-176-0.exe
Send me an e-mail if you want a copy (about 1MB).

There is currently no other way to type Wylie in PM that I know of.

Sherab

Post by Sherab » Sat May 16, 2009 1:04 pm

And how can you write stacks with this keyboard layout?

FWJ
Site Admin

Keyman EWTS mapping

Post by FWJ » Sun May 17, 2009 9:29 am

I'm not qualified to answer this because I don't use the keyboard.
However, it seems to me that EWTS Wylie doesn't need a stack key.
Just the 4 keys sgr(space) will get you sa mgo ga ra tag.

Chris, or someone at THDL, could you please post a link to the EWTS map?
I don't really have the bandwidth (literally) to search for it from here.
Thanks.
Last edited by FWJ on Tue May 26, 2009 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffchwu

Post by jeffchwu » Mon May 25, 2009 6:22 pm

I remember the force stack is +
For example:
the padme need type as pad+me

jeffchwu

Post by jeffchwu » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:13 pm