Pecha Maker Installation

This forum is a place for users to discuss how they use PechaMaker.
Problems and questions can be posted.
The information will then be available to everyone.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lungtey
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pecha Maker Installation

Post by Lungtey » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:37 am

I have successfully downloaded the pecha maker 1.8 software, but i am not able to install it in my pc, because when i double click on the application it gives me a pop up window saying 'Windows cannot open the file.........., i use windowsXP, Office2003, can you help me please.
mail the instructions at lwung_10@hotmail.com

FWJ
Site Admin

RE: PechaMaker Installation

Post by FWJ » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:34 pm

I did not hear back from you.
Did you ever get 1.8 downloaded and installed?

fwj

Bj Lhundrup
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:14 am

I have never been able on any computer to use an of the self-installers.

You have an idea why?

Also I'm use the 1.9 a lot now thank you.

FWJ
Site Admin

Installer issues

Post by FWJ » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:52 am

This is the first I have heard of problems with the installer. Some people had download problems but were able to install OK once they repeated the download. If you are consistently getting a failure after repeating the download then please let me know.

If I can reproduce a failure then I would be happy to try to fix it. Please post more details including what OS and service pack level you have and exactly what happens and at what point in the installation.

Anyone having this issue please post a note...

fwj

FWJ
Site Admin

Re: Installer issues

Post by FWJ » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:19 am

I just updated the download page to give the MD5 value for the installer file.
If you find that you have a problem with the installer please check the MD5 value against the downloaded file to see if there was a download problem.

(You can use Google to get lots of info on MD5 tools. If you just want to test the MD5 without a bunch of searching around for a checker tool you can try the simple tool here.)

Bj Lhundrup

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:38 pm

yes my does the same. My windows system can not open the folder. Does not know the fold/file type. So does not know what to use to try and open

FWJ
Site Admin

Re: Installer issues

Post by FWJ » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:31 am

We are talking about the file PechaMaker_1.9.exe , right ?

I don't know what to say. Any system should be able to run that executable.

FWJ
Site Admin

PM installer issues

Post by FWJ » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:28 am

Bj, did you have the same problem with 1.10?
If so, could you check the MD5 value on the file you downloaded and let me know?
That file should be PechaMaker_1.10.exe and have a MD5 value of d5b9a7e160ede830e4adf0c9efd8c5f3

No one else has said anything about this...