Pecha boxes printed in color

This forum is a place for users to discuss how they use PechaMaker.
Problems and questions can be posted.
The information will then be available to everyone.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:55 pm

I was thinking about it and thought I should ask, is there any way we could get first to keep them as color then get control over the colors of the pecha-border-layouts? That way if I write a title page in red lets say I could have the border the same, so on and so forth.

FWJ
Site Admin

Post by FWJ » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:05 am

Are you asking if the pecha boxes can be printed in color? Well, there's no reason they couldn't be. Is this something you would find useful or are you just thinking about it? It's just that I don't remember ever seeing a pecha with colored boxes except for very fancy pecha that were hand painted. Let me know if you really want this. Would anyone else find this useful?

Sincerely,
fwj

Bj Lhundrup
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:55 pm

Sorry I did not put my name. Anyway yes I myself would like to be able to do this. Tarthang Tulku's pecha that he gives out a the monlam, often has a page or two or up to four that are in red along with the borders. Also I have seen a few, hand written pecha (borders and letters) where the borders have been in blue of red. And Khenpo Sonam I know you know him, has a copy of choying dzod, that is on blue paper with gold-inked letters and borders.

Also I was also wanting to ask if you know of a way that we can add yidam or lama pictures to the fancy pages. I have yet to seen a pecha program that lets us do this outside of cut and paste on hard-copies. Have you thought of this?

Bj Lhundrup

FWJ
Site Admin

Post by FWJ » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:38 am

Hi BJ,
OK, I'll try to add support for colored box lines in the next release.

As for embedded images, I created a new topic and moved the discussion of your question about images over to it; see images on pecha pages.

fwj

FWJ
Site Admin

Post by FWJ » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:40 pm

OK, version 1.9 is released and it has support for printing pecha box lines in color.

- press Ctrl+L to open the Pecha Layout Controls dialog
- click on a tab for one of the Page Types (Title, Fancy, Body)
- click the Line Color button to assign a color for that page type

Each page type can have a different color (the default color is black).
The assigned color will always be used for the box lines when printing pecha.

If you want to see pecha drawn on the screen with those colors
you must disable the Pecha->Display Hint Colors menu item.
You can freely enable/disable hint colors without affecting the assigned colors.