Sambhota font for PechaMaker

This forum is a place for users to discuss how they use PechaMaker.
Problems and questions can be posted.
The information will then be available to everyone.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rosarugosa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sambhota font for PechaMaker

Post by rosarugosa » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:45 pm

Saw a post on the Yahoo Tibetan Dictionary egroup that Sambhota font will be added soon.

Please let us know as soon as that happens! That is really great news. I do most of my inputting with Sambhota (in Word) and my hesitation in using PechaMaker was that I would not be able to do minor edits with the Sambhota font within PechaMaker.

Colleen

FWJ
Site Admin

Sambhota font support

Post by FWJ » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:35 pm

Hello Colleen,
Yes, I'm working on upgrades for better Sambhota font support now.
The first phase is to allow Tibetan folio numbers in the Sambhota 2 font (or TCRC Bod-Yig).
The second phase will be to add support for the Nitartha keyboard mapping.

Phase one ETA, Dec. 2005; phase two ETA, Jan-Feb 2006.

Best Wishes,
fwj
Last edited by FWJ on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffchwu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

It's great!

Post by jeffchwu » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:27 am

Because Tibetan Machine font cannot work well at Chinese's windows, it is great to let sambhota V2 or Tibetan Machine Web font work with PechaMaker.

Thanks

FWJ
Site Admin

Version 1.8 delayed

Post by FWJ » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:07 pm

There has been a delay in getting version 1.8 finalized.
I will need another week or so to get the tables reviewed that will provide folio numbers for Sambhota2 and TCRC Bod-Yig fonts.
Last edited by FWJ on Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

FWJ
Site Admin

Post by FWJ » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:22 pm

This is the reply to a question posted by "Guest" Feb 02, 2006 in the "version 1.8 released" topic. I'm moving it to this more appropriate topic.
Guest wrote:so then how do we type in these other fonts, in these is no key-map. I use for Sambhota #2 which is the same for the most part as TCC #1.
PechaMaker is not really intended to be a word processor. The editing capabilities are very basic. Currently, the only Tibetan keyboard PechaMaker supports is the TCC1 keyboard. To edit text in any Tibetan typeface other than one of the 4 TCC typefaces you can use UDP or the Nitartha system with MSWord. You then copy/paste into PechaMaker or save the text in a .rtf file and then Import the file into PechaMaker.

I am trying to get the information on the Sambhota keyboard mapping, but I have not received it yet. When I do, I will attempt to add the Sambhota keyboard map. :wink:
Last edited by FWJ on Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jeffchwu

About Keymap#2

Post by jeffchwu » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:43 am

Hi, FWJ

Could you make one sample transfer txt file like Sambhota's keymap
For example:
in keymap1
k k
K K
g g
G G
c c
C C
j j
N N

in keymap2
q k
w K
e g
r G
t c
y C
u j
i N

That sample is in original sambhota's keymap files.
That means sambhota use keymap1 as standard, but use the keymap file to transfer different keymap

Thank
PS: I use keymap1 onely :P

FWJ
Site Admin

Post by FWJ » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:46 pm

There are still delays in getting the code together to add support for the Sambhota keyboard. I still hope to have this at some point. I apologize for the long delay.

:arrow: But please be aware that PechaMaker version 1.8 fully supports the display of Dedris/Ededris and Bod-Yig fonts for text, annotations, and folio numbering. What is still missing is a way to type in those fonts. As of 1.8 you still have to Import or Copy/Paste from some other editor when working with those fonts. Note that Copy/Paste should work fine on the dialog boxes for setting annotations and Yi-go characters.

Bj Lhundrup

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:58 am

What is goning on with this font. Are they going to let us be able to type it in PM?

Also do PM support Sambhota's U-me font?

For Sambhota there is not really nice pecha formats. I do not like those things people are using for the pecha-temps with Sambhota. They are not bad but no where near PM. I would think that they would be happy to have someone like your self (whos done the work) offer up a pache making program for their font.

FWJ
Site Admin

Sambhota keymap support

Post by FWJ » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:19 pm

The folks at Nitartha said they thought adding support for their keyboard map would be OK. They were going to try to gather up code to send me but I have not received it. I have been thinking it is best to wait for their code so I will be certain to match their mapping exactly. Otherwise, I would have to be guessing at their keyboard map. I'll send them another note to see what's up.

I had not heard that they released their U-me font. I'll ask about that too.

FWJ
Site Admin

Re: Sambhota keymap support

Post by FWJ » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:54 am

OK, I received instructions from folks at Nitartha on how to interpret their mapping files. I am coding up support for their Keymap1, Keymap2, and Keymap3 keyboards now.

If someone is interested in helping test this before I release it, please let me know. I would like to have it pretty solid before I make a general release.

Thanks

FWJ
Site Admin

Beta testing of Sambhota keyboard support

Post by FWJ » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:03 am

Still need more people to test the new Sambhota keyboard support!
If you want to contribute to enhancing PechaMaker, now would be a good time.

Bj has been very helpful and found several bugs. This is a big change and there are likely to be more bugs. More eyes looking would be even better.

Just raise your hand, it won't hurt a bit. :)

Bj Lhundrup

Post by Bj Lhundrup » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:18 pm

Ye guys and gals, our dear friend has had a set back, little one, but I'm asking you all to please help with the testing of Beta.8. If you dont have it e-mail him and he will send it. We need to make sure there are no bugs before he posts PM 1.11 with Sambhota keyboards. Which I sure some of you can wait to have...

So please help...

Thank you
BJ

FWJ
Site Admin

Post by FWJ » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:20 pm

Please try version 1.11 for Sambhota keymap support.

Start version 1.11 and use the Format->Sambhota Keymaps menu item to select one of the three keymaps; Sambhota1, Sambhota2, or Sambhota3. (If you use an external keyboard manager for mapping you will have to select the "Disable mapping" button so keys don't get mapped twice.)

Next press Ctrl+T and set the font to any of the Dedris or Ededris fonts. Now you are ready to start typing. The key mapping is automatically switched on or off depending the typeface that is being entered.

jeffchwu

Post by jeffchwu » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:22 pm

Thanks
It's great